Hello my glamorous readers!
As you might have noticed my posting schedule is all over the place since the beginning of 2016. As I mentioned in my recent Changes post I have been going through a lot of new things and I guess I am still adapting and trying to figure out my time. I am hoping to be back on the 3-posts-per-week some time really soon. 🙂 I got an amazing blogging related present for my Name day: a brand new 50 mm, f/1.8 lense and I can’t wait to capture some bits and pieces of my life to share with you. In case you wonder what a Name day is: in Bulgaria we have designated days on which people with similar names celebrate. My Name day is on the 17th of January and everyone called Antoniya, Anton, Antoan and similar get to have a celebration. It’s basically like a mini birthday party: gifts and all included 🙂 So, looking through the lense, I decided to zoom in on a few tips for happiness.
- Get moving! As I mentioned briefly in my New Year’s Resolutions post, I have decided to get healthy. As cliched as this may sound, it is actually something that I have been delaying for a while now. My closest friends know that I was super enthusiastic about going the gym about an year ago. The reason I stopped going had nothing to do with lack of motivation, but with a lower back trauma that has been haunting me for the past year. I realise that the biggest mistake I made was to get off exercise completely and I am super excited to be able to get back to it. I can sit here and preach about the health reasons behind working out, but I prefer to focus on the happiness bit. When we exercise our bodies produce endorfines, which are the hormones of happiness 🙂 So every time you finish a work out your body actually stimulates you to be happy! It is natural, it is free, and well, yes, it is great for your health! Embrace it! 🙂
- Have some good food! My second tip is also closely related to getting healthy but what I want to emphasize here is to listen to your body. You know there are some foods that just soak all the energy from you: not only they make you feel guilty, but they also make you feel tired and unhappy. With that said, I am totally against forgetting about the beloved plate of pasta or piece of cake. Have it. Enjoy it. But also, make sure that your diet is balanced and you get all of the good stuff most of the time. Moderation is key :). I am super passionate about cooking and I love to try out different recipes, which sometimes are not so healthy. Instead of beating myself up for that piece of pizza, I would rather go out and try to walk it off: remember- endorphines make you happy 🙂
- Read a good book! I have to say that this is probably my favorite tip for happiness. Nothing makes me happier than submerging into the world of a beautifully written story. I don’t think I can describe the emotion – you need to feel it for yourself. What I can do is to suggest a book that makes me smile (and cry for that matter) every time I open it. My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises by Fredrik Backman is one of those books that sends you back in your childhood.It is an amazing read which reminded of The Little Prince– the book for kids that in my opinion is actually for adults. 🙂
- Dress to impress! I don’t know about you, but I always feel awesome when I have made an effort with my outfit. Even though it is a bit superficial and egocentrical, it gives me special kind of confidence boost that can not be compared to anything.
- Say I love you! The three sweetest words in the world. Whenever I hear them or say them out loud, a smile blooms on my face 🙂 This is what I call a magic spell! 🙂
These are my 5 tips for happiness in super cold January. Do you have experience with those? Or maybe you have your own? Whichever it is, feel free to drop me a line or share your thoughts in the comments!
Sending you warm hugs and beaming smiles! 🙂